Before you choose America's National Churchill Museum's Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury, as your wedding venue, present the following questions to our Wedding Representative. We want to provide you with accurate and informative answers in order for you to make an informed decision.
When you decide the Church of St. Mary is the wedding venue of your dreams, there will be small details you will want confirmed in writing. During your initial appointment with us, our Wedding Representative will go through the venue contract with you. Before you sign it, make sure all your questions have been answered. Ask that anything missing be added.
What follows are 20 questions that will help guide you in planning your wedding venue. Please bring to your initial appointment or ask during an initial inquiry.
- Do you have availability on our preferred wedding dates?
- Will we have exclusive use of the venue or are there other weddings taking place?
- Do you have standard ceremony packages and what is included?
- What is the maximum capacity of the Church?
- Does the Church of a sound system?
- Are there any musical instruments in the Church that can be used?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Will someone from the Museum be available to assist during the event?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Are you licensed for civil ceremonies?
- Can you recommend a celebrant for the ceremony?
- Do you allow throwing of rice or confetti after the ceremony?
- Are there any decorations restrictions for the Church?
- Do you have a designated room for the ceremony or can we have it outside?
- Are there any restrictions on photographing the ceremony?
- Can you recommend locations for reception venues?
- Is there a room where the bride and bridesmaids can get ready before the ceremony?
- Do you have deals with local hotels for wedding guests?
- Is it possible to arrange transport for the guests to local accommodation?
- What are your guest parking arrangements?