Museum Education Volunteer Chair
||Museum Education Volunteer Chair
2-5 hours a week, depending on time of year
A minimum commitment of two hours a week between July 1-May 31. Flexible scheduling.
Basic Job Function
The National Churchill Museum Education Volunteer Chair is responsible for scheduling volunteers and assisting the Director of External Affairs in volunteer recruitment efforts.
Mandy Plybon, Director of External Affairs & Chief Educator
- Work with regional schools and other organizations to schedule Classroom Experience programs
- Schedules volunteers for assignments according to the needs of the Education Program
- Functions as co-supervisor of the volunteer staff (along with the Education & Public Programs Coordinator)
- Works collaboratively with Education & Public Programs Coordinator and volunteers
- Collect and maintain Museum Education volunteer hours and mileage reimbursement
- Send a personal note of thanks to each Museum Education volunteer and school/organization after a program.
- Must have ability to work independently, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Possess ability to motivate others, strong interpersonal skills, and an outgoing personality
Museum Education volunteers
- Must be age 21 or older
- High School degree
- Enjoy interacting and comfortable meeting with other people
- Comfortable speaking on the phone to schedule outreach programs and volunteers
- Extensive prior knowledge of the National Churchill Museum is not required but should have a working knowledge of Winston Churchill and a desire to learn.
- Attend general museum training and museum education training workshops
- Able to accept supervision
- General museum training provided by the Assistant Director
- Specific job training provided by the Education & Public Programs Coordinator
- Learn about Museum Experience and Classroom Experience programs
- Primary job functions are appropriate for a work-at-home situation
- Will require travel to the National Churchill Museum for trainings and meetings
- May require travel to school/organizations for program scheduling, if you so choose.
- Knowledge about National Churchill Museum and the educational aspects offered to visitors through a variety of programs/exhibits
- 10% discount in the Museum Store
- Invitations to special exhibits and events
- Free family membership after 100 hours of service in one year
- Annual volunteer appreciation dinner and other volunteer events
Mandy Plybon, Education and Public Programs Coordinator